Sunday, April 18, 2010

BlackBerry Blinking

As I was wakening, the red LED blinked at me four times. As it happens ever since I fell for you, it was your beautiful smile I thought of, definitively wishing for some news, a new text message or e-mail. Sigur Ros was playing on the radio and a strange character was sitting by my side. I didn’t feel like talking but the man needed to be listened to. He introduced himself but I was unable to catch his foreign name. He started talking about the end of the world because on the southern part of Iceland Eyjafjallajökull had abruptly erupted and it was meant to cast a new age of darkness over the continent. He made remarks about what a beautiful place Europe was and I agreed. He went on, predicting that as the cloud of dust fills the sky, people will turn themselves inward once again, and mysticism become king. That human spirit shall surrender itself to the wilderness of times to come. That even if everyone dreams of “par-delà les nuages”, there will be no more sun over the Mediterranean beaches. And all this kind of demise he was describing made sense to me as a return to the 19th century. It’s the end of the world as we know it (And I Feel Fine).


1 comment:

M. said...

muito bom